ROADPOL e.V., an international association registered in Germany under German law (“eingetragener Verein”) is a network of European traffic police forces.
Led by senior police officers, ROADPOL is primarily committed to reducing the number of deaths and serious injuries on European roads.
Our members are the traffic police forces of various European countries and countries outside Europe as well.
We are seeking for a Communication Manager, who will cover the following tasks in close cooperation with the General Secretary and the responsible person for the strategic approach towards social media and project-accompanying public relations.
- Analysis of the target groups and media channels
- Analysis of the public responses
- Definition of the target group(s), key messages and media tools
- Creation and distribution of press releases, annual reports, newsletters (monthly), videos and picture messages for cross-media publishing (only script, no technical implementation)
- Administration of the website (creation of content and its uploading)
- Strengthening and maintenance of social media activities (regularly and frequently posting on social media, i.e. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- Analysis of visibility, range and response of the messages (visitors on the website, interactions in social media and media presence)
- Creation of periodic reports of the activities (quarterly)
- Creation, organization and participation in events and press conferences (particularly ROADPOL Safety Day – launch and event)
- Attendance (virtually) at internal and external meetings at the request of the Executive Committee
- Monitoring of Public Projects and campaigns
- Ensuring a consistent corporate identity
- Review and correction of texts that members submit for the website, newsletter and social media channels
The successful candidate has:
- Expertise in creating communication strategies
- Profound experiences in the management of different communication channels
- Writing talent and in-depth knowledge of texting for various target groups and formats
- Very good knowledge of all modern communication tools
- Analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills
- A very good command of English (level C, preferently C2, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - CEFR).
It would be desirable, but not necessarily, if the successful candidate would have:
- a completed education or degree in the field of communication science / public relations, and/or marketing;
- professional experience in the field of a PR-agency, in a press unit or in corporate communication
This Job is suitable across Europe and can be managed from the candidates home-office.
We expect your written application with your preferred starting date and salary expectation via E-Mail no later than Friday, September 25th 2020 sent to
For more information on this position, please contact