Against The Backdrop of World Police Summit
Dubai Police to Host
2023 ROADPOL Spring Meeting
24 JAN - ROADPOL 2023 Spring Meeting will be hosted by Dubai Police with the summit being held against the backdrop of the 2nd edition of the World Police Summit.
The meeting will be held from 4th to 6th March in the City of Dubai and will traditionally feature a gathering of ROADPOL Council and the ROADPOL Operations, Technical and Tacho working groups.
Under the auspice of the Dubai Police Commander in Chief, H.E. Lieutenant General Abdullah Khalifa Al Marri, ROADPOL delegates and representatives will stay in the Emirate for the Council and working group meetings. Currently Dubai Police holds an observer status within the European Roads Policing Network. “Dubai Police is a police force particularly involved in the road safety sector and it is the leading Force for all the Gulf region and the Arabic and middle Asia Countries. This specific occasion represents a great opportunity for joint growth between ROAPOL and Dubai police, also in consideration of the close collaboration currently existing and having regard to the possibility of developing common joint projects on the field of road safety and consolidating specific bilateral agreements”, said Lt. Col. Eng. Abdulla Al Falasi, Director of General Department of Traffic and a representative of Dubai Police at ROADPOL.
ROADPOL representatives and delegates will also attend the World Police Summit, a premier event in global policing, security, and law enforcement in the Gulf region. Hosted by Dubai Police, the World Police Summit to which ROADPOL is a strategic partner, will be taking place from the 7th to the 9th of March, 2023 at Dubai World Trade Centre. In its second edition, the summit will provide an unparalleled platform to explore the current challenges facing police forces. The summit is expected to feature the latest technological advancements, strategies, and innovations across the law enforcement and security spectrum.
The World Police Summit’s conference program offers leading conversations for police and security experts. The conferences focus on covering both the strategic and technical disciplines. The main conferences of the summit cover the following core topics:
- Crime Prevention: Crime and Criminal Justice, National Security and Counterterrorism, Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering & Cybercrime
- Forensic Science: Biology & DNA, Forensic Medicine, Digital Forensics, Pattern identification, Crime scene, Forensic Psychology, Chemistry & Toxicology, Chemistry & Trace Evidence
- Anti-Narcotics: Drug Trafficking, Substance Abuse, de-addiction & rehabilitation
- Police Innovation & resilience: Leadership and Organisational Resilience, Women in Policing, Innovation & Technology, & Transport Safety
- K9: K9 in Law Enforcement
- Drones: Drones in Law Enforcement